05 April 2010

I am scared of bees.

And not just a little scared of bees. I am A LOT terrified of bees. Granted I have about ten thousand irrational fears, like ghost movies at night, Michael Myers, bad food, hairs in my bath water, chickens and spiders getting in my hair, burning myself on the oven (though those last two may not be that irrational), but bees make the number one spot on this list (a list that may or may not prove me to be a crazy). I am so scared of bees that it is almost impossible for me to even step outside my door. For some reason, bees like to congregate right outside the doors of our house. Whenever I gather up enough motivation and/or courage to venture outside I must go through a simple procedure to make it safely to my car. First, I open the door. I can either do this slowly, peeking out the side, or I can fling it open in a terrified frenzy. I usually pick the first option. After looking around for any scary flying insects, I can start the journey to my car or wherever it is I need to go. Second, I run like the devil is chasing me. I might even do some crazy stops and starts and zig zags.

In fact, I think bees provide all of my outdoor exercise.
But they also provide me an excuse not to go outside at all.


I hope everyone had a great Easter. I've been extremely busy this weekend. My baby cousin, Madison, is staying with us while her mommy and daddy are away. She doesn't do much. Just lays there and pees a lot. Not really my thing, but I've been helping as much as needed. Totes waiting at least eight years before having any small children of my own.

But like the bees give me an excuse to avoid the outdoors like the plague, she has been giving me an excuse to avoid the gym. The closest thing I've gotten to excercising or the outdoor this weeken has been looking at North Faces online. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment