06 April 2010

Spring and the like

Spring is here. I know, I know, it's beautiful, and warm, and new starts are so wonderful, right? Wrong? I (mostly) hate the spring. It's hot and bugs come out to play and pollen comes out to haunt me. Worst of all, I think a family of ugly red wasps have taken up residence behind the mirror on the driver side door of Mustang Sally (my car). Actually, the real worst of all is this awful headache I've had all day. Despite all this, I still think that spring is really gorgeous. I mean, I love watching everything come alive. From the safety and air conditioned comfort that is my house.

I just wish that Georgia weather didn't go from Arctic chill to 1.5-miles-from-the-surface-of-the-sun hot. Seriously, it was almost 90 degrees on Easter Sunday.

And we are only a few weeks into this glorious season.

On another note, school starts back tomorrow. I have to be in Waco at the chipper hour of 8 o'clock am for sociology. And then I have the class I've been avoiding and dreading for the past three years--public speaking. Those of you that know me know that I DO NO speak in public. I go through great lengths to avoid answering questions in class. It's not that I don't know the answer. I normally do. It's just that I really, really, REALLY hate speaking in front of people. I don't know if it's because I have a slight lisp that I am ashamed of, or that my brain works to fast for my mouth to keep up with and everything gets jumbled, or what, I just know that the thought of public speaking petrifies me. My hands get sweaty, my heart starts pounding, and I feel like I can't breathe. Similar to what happens when Mom mentions that it would be really nice for me to babysit my little brothers.
This should be an interesting quarter.

1 comment: